with Soulshaping author
and Institute Founder Jeff Brown
Begins WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 4, 2019
We are at a new stage in our human development with respect to love relationship. Where before we were stumbling in the dark, unable or unwilling to bring our relationship wounds and patterns into the light of day, we are now moving towards a more conscious interface with our emotional material. Rather than shunning and shaming ourselves for what we have experienced, we are bringing it out in the open, more willing and able than ever before to own our wounds and issues. Instead of dishonoring the world of feeling, we are beginning to recognize that it is where we truly live. Not in our head-tripping minds, not in our self-avoidance patterns, but inside of our own beautiful hearts.
As our collective illusion of the perfect love connection falls away, we are also beginning to realize that our challenges with relationship are intrinsic to the human experience, a perfectly imperfect reflection of our individual challenges, yet another opportunity to heal and deepen in meaning. There is nothing to be ashamed of- we are here to learn. And, the more work we do to heal and transform our wounds and issues, the better prepared we become for a loving way of being, whether we choose to partner or not. Healing our hearts is a gateway to freedom, and divine preparation for a magnificent life.
And, even more beautifully, those wounds and issues actually live right at the heart of our spiritual transformation. Repressed emotions are unactualized spiritual lessons. The more deeply we can heal our hearts and work through our issues, the more complete our spiritual expansion. The ladder to wholeness is made with broken rungs. There can be no ‘now’ presence, if our hearts are still back in the ‘then’, blocked and obstructed by love’s wounds. At the heart of our buried material are the seeds for our own transformation. We grow in karmic stature when we go deep into the fires of the emotional body and sculpt a new way of being with our courageous willingness. On the other side of our wounds and patterns are ways of being that serve us going forward.
This course is an invitation. To turn towards the unresolved pain and issues that plague you. To stop giving power away to past love connections. To honor your wound-body’s wisdom. To differentiate between love connections that grow you, and those that obstruct you. To jump into the heart of your emotional material and do the real work to clear what wants to be cleared. To explore the relationship between your issues and your sacred purpose, your challenges with love and your spiritual expansion. To know a presence that is not split off from your lived experience, but that fully embraces it all.
This course is an opportunity. An opportunity to immerse yourself in your unresolved love memories in an effort to heal and expand. An opportunity to explore the inextricable relationship between the opening of the heart and the expansion of the soul. An opportunity to jump into the heart of your story and live it all the way through to transformation. Life is the School of Heart Knocks. We can either deny that, or we can do the real work to transform our shadow into the light at its source. Our buried treasure is awaiting its liberation.
This Healing Unresolved Love Relationships course supports you in your efforts to clear love’s debris and transform wounds, patterns and issues into the growth at their core. Please join us on this journey of soul-discovery and self-honoring.
Hi I’m Jeff Brown, and I am thrilled to be facilitating this Course. I have had a broad range of love experiences since my first relationship at 18, many of which ended without healing or resolution. For a long time, this seldom ever bothered me because, like many conditioned male warriors, I didn’t see any connection between my goal-centered life and my personal relationships. Through a willful lens, sacred purpose was all about individual achievements and career path. And spiritual growth was all about my isolated relationship with God- a lone wolf warrior expanding into unity alone in nature or on the meditation cushion. Soulshaping and self-creation were individualistic matters.
And then my heart was cracked wide open by a love so deep that it brought me to my knees. My armor clanged to the ground before it, as we entered a place that took my understanding of unity consciousness to a whole different level. In just a few moments with her, I encountered a much more relational, inclusive God than I had ever experienced in isolation. And the idea that my spiritual path and my journey of the heart were distinct from each other was turned upside down. Nothing set my soul ablaze like great love.
Soon thereafter, she left, and my spirit was crushed. My first instinct was to close my heart, to return to the armored ways of being that I knew best. And I did, for a time. But then I realized that I was destroying myself. Closing my heart after such a profound opening was crushing my spirit and making matters worse. I was locking myself in a wound-body prison of my own making. I had to find another way.
And I did. I went into a deep healing process, one that transformed my consciousness like nothing before. It was one thing to open my heart in the face of ecstatic love- it was quite another to surrender to the heartbreak that followed. That surrendering not only healed that heartbreak, it also opened the gate to many other unhealed heartbreaks and helped me to go deeper into the healing of an abandonment wound that had plagued me all my life. And, perhaps most importantly, at the end of the emptying of the pain, I arrived at the next step on my journey of sacred purpose- the call to write. Something in the heart of that relational healing journey had unlocked the door, and prepared me spiritually to honor the next step on my spiritual journey. Never mind the idea that our love life is distinct from our spiritual journey, it actually lives at the heart of it. That may mean that finding a wonderful, conscious love is intrinsic to your sacred purpose- and to get there, more healing may be required- and it may also mean that finding the ‘one’ isn’t at the heart of your purpose, but that there is tremendous transformation at the heart of the journey itself, transformation that is essential on your own quest for a richer spiritual life.
I look forward to sharing with you some of the lessons and perspectives I have learned along the way – and some tools and techniques that may make your relationship journey a little smoother, and a lot more growthful. Whether you need support in healing and clearing the debris from past love openings, or transforming issues, wounds and patterns into the growth at their core, this course can be a valuable support. At a stage of human development where it is all many of us can do to simply manage our own individual material, love connection is seldom an easy path. We can either shame and imprison ourselves when things don’t work out, or we can jump on in and shape the emotional material like sculptors, turning the clay of our sufferings and confusions into a beautiful new framework of possibility. I look forward to the possibility of heartshaping with you.
In this course, you will be supported in your efforts to…
- Identify wounds, issues and patterns that emanate from past love relationships.
- Distinguish woundmates from soulmates, differentiate errors in judgment from necessary learnings.
- Engage in a healing process that supports your liberation from the effects of unresolved connections.
- Develop tools and techniques that will serve your relational life.
- Craft a ‘Conscious Relating Blueprint’ that will guide you going forward.
BEGINS SEPTEMBER 4, 2019
SIX WEEKLY TOPICS…
CLASS ONE: THE LOVE DANCE
- The relationship between love connections and sacred purpose, relational challenges and spiritual expansion, love’s ‘failings’ and meaning-based success;
- Identifying one’s soulpod- those individuals of resonance that support and accelerate our expansion. Distinguishing wound-mates from soul-mates, lite-dimmers from illuminating connections, needless sufferings from necessary learnings (The School of Heart Knocks).
CLASS TWO: OBSTACLES TO HEALING
- Defenses, adaptations and emotional armor that block access to undigested trauma and unresolved pain;
- Fear, shame, self-blame, co-dependency, dissociation, projections, romantic illusions and flights of fancy, gender conditioning, waiting on answers that will never come;
- Ungrounded new age beliefs that deny and therefore perpetuate the wound-body: Radical detachment practices, artificial forgiveness teachings, story bashing, feelings as illusion, bliss tripping, disembodied spiritualities.
CLASS THREE: HONORING THE WOUND-BODY
- Acknowledging and owning wounds and triggers, and recognizing their inherent wisdom if fully processed and transformed. Owning one’s experience of victimization and/or victim-hood fully;
- Identifying issues and patterns that have compelled relationship choices and that arise from relational experiences. Naming habitual ways of relating, stuck places, unsaid words, unexpressed anger and grief;
- “Celling the soul”- The idea that the emotional body is the karmic field where the soul’s lessons are harvested. Repressed emotions as unactualized spiritual lessons. Identifying the primary patterns we are here to work through and the lessons we are here to learn through love relationship.
CLASS FOUR: EXPRESSING AND RELEASING
- Working through a healing process around a prior love connection. Excavating any unsaid words, unprocessed grief, unexpressed anger, persistent confusion about events;
- Expressing and releasing the excavated material in various ways. Seeing the process all the way through to liberation. Emptying the holdings;
- Meditation of Feeling, Meditation on Anger Release, letter writing exercises, ‘The Empathy Process’.
CLASS FIVE: CLOSURE AND SELF-LOVE
- Resolutional processes. Moving through and beyond victim-hood and woundedness into clarity and self-empowerment. Clarifying expectations and intentions around connection;
- Taking ownership of any lessons that arise from the healing. Integrating change. Up-framing your experience and re-opening your heart;
- Self-love practices. Learning how to love yourself in the presence and the absence of the lover.
CLASS SIX: CONSCIOUS RELATING BLUEPRINT
- Crreating a Sacred Blueprint for a healthy and growthful relationship life. Hearticulating realistic goals, and noting the personal patterns and issues that may arise to block your path;
- Tools and Techniques for protecting and honoring your vulnerability- Selective attachment, Strong boundaries, Strengthening the healthy ego, Radical honesty practices.
COURSE PACKAGE: WHAT YOU RECEIVE
- SIX weekly 45-60 minute pre-recorded audio classes taught by Jeff Brown
Weekly Audio classes will be held on Wednesdays, beginning September 5th. You will receive a weekly email link on the evening before the class. For those who cannot listen on the Wednesday, you will have access to the recordings for 2 weeks thereafter. So if this day is not ideal for you, no worries. You can listen in at a more convenient time. The weekly class can be listened to simply by clicking the link, or it can be easily downloaded to your phone, computer etc.
September 4, 11, 18, 25
October 2, 9
- ONE 60 minute private Telephone or Skype session with Jeff
In an effort to support your work with the class material, you will have the option of booking a one-on-one session with Jeff, at your convenience. This is included with the course. An opportunity to talk through the material and to address any challenges directly.
- A printable PDF WORKBOOK emailed to you with optional exercises, assignments and related readings that reflect and deepen the weekly course content.
- Teacher INTERACTION, including Jeff’s feedback on the final optional assignment (The crafting of a Conscious Relating Blueprint)
Read Jeff’s ‘Vivid Life’ article ‘APOLOGIES TO THE DIVINE FEMININE’
Read Jeff’s ‘Spirit of Ma’at’ article ‘APOLOGIES TO THE SACRED MASCULINE’
Read Jeff’s ‘Elephant Journal’ article ‘WHAT IS AN AWAKENING MAN?’
Read Jeff’s ‘Vivid Life’ article ‘God is IN the People’
A former criminal lawyer and psychotherapist, Jeff Brown is the author of Soulshaping: A Journey of Self-Creation, and a popular book of spiritual graffiti—Ascending with Both Feet on the Ground. Endorsed by Oprah regular Elizabeth Lesser, authors Oriah Mountain Dreamer and Katherine Woodward Thomas, Ascending is a collection of some of Jeff s most popular quotes, soul-bytes and aphorisms frequently shared in social media. He has been interviewed by CNN radio, appeared on Fox News.com, and written popular inspirations for ABC’s Good Morning America. He is also the author of the viral blog ‘Apologies to the Divine Feminine’ and the co-producer and primary journeyer in the award-winning spiritual documentary—Karmageddon—which also stars Ram Dass, Seane Corn, Wah! David Life, Deva Premal and Miten. His book—Love It Forward—was published on Valentine’s day, 2014. Endorsed by best-selling authors Andrew Harvey and Caroline Myss, Love It Forward is another book of Jeff’s most impactful quotes and writings, with a strong emphasis on love and relationship passages. His next books–a higher consciousness love story called An Uncommon Bond–and another quotes book—Spiritual Graffiti—were published in 2015. His next book, Grounded Spirituality will be published in April, 2019. Jeff is also the founder of Enrealment Press and Soulshaping Institute.
You can only heal your heart with your heart, and to do that we have to open the heart wide enough for its healing elixir to rain down on our pain. Why bury the tears that heal us? Why bury the emotions that fertilize our expansion? Emotional release is a potent way to regain a genuine experience of the moment. Tears are God’s heartshield wipers. They clear the dirt from our heart so we can see the path clearly. Let our quest for spiritual expansion begin with emotional authenticity. Nothing to hide, nowhere to hide it.
For help signing up or if you have any questions, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*By signing up, you are agreeing to be added to our email list. We DO NOT sell the list but only use it to contact you about upcoming courses. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link in the email.
* If you select the 3 payment option, all payments must be made prior to the start date of the course.