with Soulshaping author
and Institute Founder Jeff Brown
Begins WEDNESDAY JULY 17, 2019
We are at a remarkable crossroads in our human development. We are poised on the brink of a shift from survivalism to authenticity as a way of being. In the old model, we were conditioned to define who we are by reference to our practical duties and roles. Whatever mask or disguise kept us alive was our personal identity. This was the world that many of our parents and ancestors were confronted with. Because of various practical and societal pressures, they had to define themselves and choose a career before they had a chance to explore their inner worlds and adventure into possibility. As a result, they got locked into certain paths too early in life, before they had a chance to fully know who they were. Meanwhile, their gifts and callings were buried below the surface of awareness, longing to be lived.
As we move into a new paradigm, we are invited into a deeper and more authentic inquiry: What is my real path, the path uniquely my own? What is my true purpose – the purpose encoded deep within me? Who am I – really? Why am I here? The quest for our true-path should be as natural as breathing. Yet our authentic face is often buried below the weight of distraction and disguise. We are only beginning to realize that we are meant for something more: a truer path, a deeper path, a sacred path infused with the light of purpose. We are not random concentrations of stardust. We are not here merely to survive and endure. Beneath our misidentifications lies a treasure chest of divine possibility. A cornucopia of callings, gifts and lessons that we are here to unearth and embody. This buried treasure is awaiting its liberation. We are Sacred Purpose.
At the core of our being, we are emblazoned with possibility and teeming with potential. This potential is not meant to remain in hiding, or as a theoretical construct. It is meant to be grounded in our daily lives, infusing every aspect of who we are, and how we live. Despite what negative messages we have internalized about our value, there is profound meaning at the heart of each birth. Each of us is essential to this dance of sacred imagination. Each of us is a storehouse of sacred intentions and offerings, just waiting for their opportunity to be lived. There is a well spring of magnificence lying in wait within us. We are sacred purpose.
This Finding Your Sacred Purpose course is focused on youth and young adults who are beginning to wonder what paths they are here to walk. Perhaps they are feeling pressured by society to pick a career, a life partner, a direction, before really knowing who they are. Perhaps they have identified some interests, but do not feel sure enough to commit. Perhaps they have not even begun to clarify their direction, and would benefit from some tools and techniques that will support their quest. Rather than pressuring you to prematurely decide who you are, this course meets you where you live- in your confusion, curiosity, sense of adventure. It supports you in your efforts to discover, unearth and embody the sacred purpose that is encoded within you. It honors those ancestors who sacrificed so you could have this opportunity, while encouraging you to take humanity to the next level and find the unique path you were born to. Imagine the world where we are all expressing our deepest gifts and callings, where we are all making our living doing what we truly love. A world where we wake up every morning with our souls on fire with path and purpose. A world where we partner with those who reflect our truest paths. That is the world we are beginning to co-create now. That is the world that this course supports. Please join me on this journey of soul-discovery and self-creation.
Hi I’m Jeff Brown, and I am thrilled to be facilitating this Course. I too had my own journey of discovering and unearthing my Sacred Purpose. In one way, it was something I was seeking throughout my entire life. But the search reached a pinnacle when I was coasting on the road to worldly success. I had successfully graduated from Law School, and had apprenticed under a top lawyer in the field – Famous Canadian criminal lawyer Eddie Greenspan. Yet right in the midst of beginning my own law practice, I heard a subtler, quieter voice from within calling me away from the noisy world of trial law. It spoke in a language only my heart could understand. From a practical perspective – the calling made no sense. Yet from a deeper perspective – following this calling was the only real choice I could make.
The road to understanding and following this voice did not come easy for me. I found myself in the clutches of profound confusion and disorientation. There was tremendous inner turmoil. There was my male warrior conditioning, my resistance to surrender, my willful nature. And there were many emotional obstacles rising into awareness. Coming from a grueling childhood, I had a pervasive poverty-consciousness. Becoming a lawyer was a solution to that. The idea of abandoning law with no clear direction of what was next – shook my entire foundation. Some would call it madness.
Yet, somehow, in the midst of this inner chaos, I managed to keep an anchor- a thread of connection- to this little knowing inside. Once this knowing was revealed, I couldn’t forget it – even though sometimes I wished I could! The only real choice was to follow it, to believe in it, to give it breath.
It was quite a challenging process, but as I worked through the emotional and psychological material – the path become clearer. After many years of inner work, I saw the next steps to take. It wasn’t that law had been a mistake- it had given me just what I needed at the time- but it was no longer true. What was true was to study psychology- completing an MA at Saybrook Graduate school- and then to write my first book- Soulshaping. It took me many years to write it- partly because I was learning to write, and partly because I made a living running a small business at the same time. I didn’t want to abandon my practical needs in order to create- I wanted to hold both realities together. And so I did.
And then, in 2007, I brought my first edition of Soulshaping to the world. And, with the wonderful support of my Facebook soulpod and a wonderful homeless man who sold my book on the streets of Toronto (watch Homelessness Challenge video), the energy built around my work until the next steps came clear. Two more books followed, and I then made the decision to develop my own publishing house- Enrealment Press- so that I could both bring my books to the world on my terms and support other congruent authors. Finally, I formed Soulshaping Institute, fulfilling a long-held dream to create a center that focuses on authentic self-creation and that supports humanity in its efforts to live the treasures that live within us.
At the heart of that purpose is my desire to work with youth and young adults. When I first embarked on my journey of self-creation, I felt alone with my confusion and process. There were quality therapists, to be sure, but I could find very few people who had really strayed from the conventional path and quested for their true-path. It was the 1980’s and most of the people I knew were still defining themselves in practical terms. Authenticity wasn’t a word too many of us used back then. Nobody was talking about ‘truth-aches’ (symptoms of inauthentic choices), sacred purpose or callings. And I couldn’t find the tools and techniques that would serve me on my adventures anywhere. I was walking blind.
Now that I have found my way to the other side, I want to share my findings. Not in an effort to define your path for you- you are always the sculptor of your own reality- but in an effort to support and validate your quest. I look forward to sharing with you some of the lessons I have learned along the way – and some tools and techniques that may make your journey a little smoother, and a lot more satisfying. When we identify the paths we are here to walk and the gifts we are here to open, we explode into a world of unlimited possibility. I look forward to the possibility of working with you.
In this course, you will be supported in your efforts to…
- Identify your unique sacred purpose- callings, gifts, essential lessons.
- Distinguish those relationships and connections that serve your expansion from those that do not.
- Recognize and overcome obstacles on the path.
- Develop tools and techniques that support your expansion.
- Embody your authenticity with courage and openness.
- Create a Sacred Blueprint for a growthful life.
- Ground your purpose in daily life.
BEGINS JULY 17, 2019
SIX WEEKLY TOPICS…
CLASS ONE: A NEW WAY OF BEING
- The definition of Sacred Purpose, Soul-scriptures, and True Path, and how to distinguish them from misidentified, egoic and false paths;
- The difference between a survivalist perspective on path and identify (defining ourselves by our roles, responsibilities and occupations) and an authentic way of being (defining ourselves from the inside out- based on the who we really are and the why we are really here);
- Tools and Techniques for excavating and identifying Sacred Purpose in a distracted world: Befriending Confusion, Experiential depth charges, A sense of wander, Adventures in Self-creation, the Inner Treasure Hunt. How to find a sense of direction as to the next steps;
- Processes of transformation: Resistance, Surrender, Exploration, Dissolution, Re-integration;
- Indicators of a path longing to be lived: Truth-aches, sacred grumbles, self-distractive patterns, nervous breakthroughs, spiritual emergencies, Ill-health, addictive tendencies.
CLASS TWO: OBSTACLES ON THE PATH
- Dealing with others opinions, societal pressures, judgments about your explorations and confusion. The profound importance of developing a strong sense of self so you can live your own unique life without others defining your path and values;
- Adaptations, masks and disguises that cover over and distort our authentic self;
- Unresolved emotional issues, behavioral patterns, fear, shame and self-doubt;
- Practical challenges, economic issues, unawakened friends and family, incongruent responsibilities and obligations;
- The spiritual bypass, artificial forgiveness processes, ungrounded new age beliefs, extreme detachment practices, disembodied spiritualities that turn us away from the self and its intrinsic purpose;
- Conditioned religious beliefs on purpose and meaning. Whose scriptures do we believe- the books written by others, or the holy book within? Who holds the knowledge of our unique purpose?
CLASS THREE: GRIST FOR THE PURPOSE MILL
- The relationship between our primary emotional issues and our sacred purpose. Distinguishing those personal issues that obstruct our path from those constructive challenges that are fundamental to path and purpose;
- Identifying the soulpod (individuals of resonance that inspire and reflect our growth) and distinguishing them from those individuals who are not as beneficial to our expansion (Soul mates vs Wound mates, Growth instigators vs. Lite-Dimmers and Border crossers);
- Love relationships- distinguishing those connections that support a purposeful life from those that knock us off our path (Soul-mates vs. Wound-mates). The importance of honoring your feelings and being true to your voice in relationships. The path of conscious relationship. Exploring love with awareness and respect for its powerful nature;
- “Celling the soul”- identifying the primary lessons we are here to learn as part of our embodied transformation. Repressed emotions are unactualized spiritual lessons. The inextricable link between spiritual growth and personal growth, sacred purpose and emotional healing. The wisdom of The School of Heart Knocks if we choose to work our material through with a growthful intentionality.
CLASS FOUR: CALLINGS, GIFTS, ARCHETYPES
- Identifying the gifts that you came in with. Owning your interests and curiosities. The relationship between your callings and your sacred purpose, your abilities and your path choices;
- An invitation to a broader definition of callings and gifts. Discrediting the idea that they must be grandiose and earth-shattering. Inviting a perspective that honors subtle forms of exploration and expression as fundamental to path and purpose. “Going where the growth is, however humble it may be”;
- Archetypes as an aspect of sacred purpose. Identifying the archetypes intrinsic to your being, and those you are called to embody as part of a purposeful life;
- An exploration of the relationship between your individual sacred purpose- your unique contribution- and your contribution to the whole. No one role is more valuable than another. All are welcome here. We need every thread to co-create a masterpiece tapestry.
CLASS FIVE: ASCENDING WITH BOTH FEET ON THE GROUND
- How to land your sacred purpose in real time. Bridging the gap between the practical world and a purposeful world. Getting real in an unreal world. Finding ways to explore your true-path while paying the bills and remaining grounded and realistic;
- A view of spiritual life that is inclusive (‘Enrealment’) and that views sacred purpose as fundamental to the human experience. A grounded spirituality that does not negate the importance of an inspired and purposeful self;
- The art form of distinguishing between when it is time to be still and let lessons percolate- integrating them on unseen levels- and when it is time for pointed action on the path. The relationship between realization and integration, being and doing.
CLASS SIX: HUMANIFESTING PURPOSE
- Creating a Sacred Blueprint for a purposeful life. Articulating realistic goals and naming the patterns and issues that may arise to block your expression;
- Tools and Techniques for protecting and expressing your purpose in daily life- Selective Attachment, Healthy boundaries, ‘Soulitude’, Strengthening the healthy ego;
- An invitation to true-path. Making a leap of fate onto the paths you are here to walk. A discussion of the courage and persistence required to live your sacred purpose in this world.
COURSE PACKAGE: WHAT YOU RECEIVE
- SIX weekly 45-60 minute pre-recorded audio classes taught by Jeff Brown
Weekly Audio classes will be held on Wednesdays, beginning July 18, 2018. You will receive a weekly email link the evening before the class. For those who cannot listen on the Wednesday, it is okay. You will have access to the recordings for 2 weeks thereafter. So if this day is not ideal for you, you can listen in at a more convenient time. The weekly class can be listened to simply by clicking the link, or it can be easily downloaded to your phone, computer etc.The six sessions are scheduled as follows:
July 17, 24, 31
August 7, 14, 21
- ONE 60 minute private Telephone or Skype session with Jeff
In an effort to support your work with the class material, you will have the option of booking a one-on-one session with Jeff, at your convenience. This is included with the course. An opportunity to talk through the material and to address any challenges directly.
- A printable PDF WORKBOOK emailed to you with optional exercises, assignments and related readings that reflect and deepen the weekly course content.
- Downloadable PDF TRANSCRIPTS of each audio class.
- Teacher INTERACTION, including Jeff’s feedback on the final optional assignment (The crafting of a Sacred Purpose Blueprint)
Read Jeff’s ‘Good Morning America’ article ‘SACRED DYNAMITE’…
Read Jeff’s ‘Vivid Life’ article ‘YOU ARE SACRED PURPOSE‘…
Read Jeff’s ‘Good Morning America’ article ‘TRUTH MOUNTAIN‘…
Read Jeff’s ‘Vivid Life’ article ‘WHAT IT MEANS TO BE A SOULSHAPER‘…
Watch Jeff’s video ‘REMINDERS FOR THE YOUNG’
Watch Jeff’s video ‘CHAOTIC MAGNIFICENCE’
A former criminal lawyer and psychotherapist, Jeff Brown is the author of Soulshaping: A Journey of Self-Creation, and a popular book of spiritual graffiti—Ascending with Both Feet on the Ground. Endorsed by Oprah regular Elizabeth Lesser, authors Oriah Mountain Dreamer and Katherine Woodward Thomas, Ascending is a collection of some of Jeff s most popular quotes, soul-bytes and aphorisms frequently shared in social media. He has been interviewed by CNN radio, appeared on Fox News.com, and written popular inspirations for ABC’s Good Morning America. He is also the author of the viral blog ‘Apologies to the Divine Feminine’ and the co-producer and primary journeyer in the award-winning spiritual documentary—Karmageddon—which also stars Ram Dass, Seane Corn, Wah! David Life, Deva Premal and Miten. His book—Love It Forward—was published on Valentine’s day, 2014. Endorsed by best-selling authors Andrew Harvey and Caroline Myss, Love It Forward is another book of Jeff’s most impactful quotes and writings, with a strong emphasis on love and relationship passages. His next books–a higher consciousness love story called An Uncommon Bond–and another quotes book—Spiritual Graffiti—were published in 2015. His next book, Grounded Spirituality will be published in April, 2019. Jeff is also the founder of Enrealment Press and Soulshaping Institute.
When you walk through the gateway of your sacred purpose, you walk into yourself. Like the great wall of karma, it protects you from unconscious forces and holds your process safe. Blessingly buffered from the madness of the world, your purpose ﬁlters out those relationships and energies that undermine your expansion. Infused with vitality and a clariﬁed focus, new pathways of possibility appear where before there were obstacles. Life still has its challenges, but you interface with them differently, coated in an authenticity of purpose that sees through the veils to what really matters. The rivers of essence rise up to meet you, carrying you from one wave of expansion to another…
For help signing up or if you have any questions, please write to us at email@example.com
*By signing up, you are agreeing to be added to our email list. We DO NOT sell the list but only use it to contact you about upcoming courses. You may unsubscribe at any time using the link in the email.
* If you select the 3 payment option, all payments must be made prior to the start date of the course.